Basic Santos Cage Doll
Kit Fee: $25.00, All Levels, Project Workshop, Maximum class size of 20 students
Let Donna teach you how to make your very own Santos Cage doll using paper clay and wood.
Day 1 will be for completing the body armature and sculpting the body, head face and hands.
Day 2 will be for constructing the cage, painting and decorating your doll. You will begin by sanding your doll and refining features. You will then assemble the cage pieces and attach the doll body to cage. Once done, you will paint the cage and decorate it as desired. Donna will you various techniques such as antiquing, crackle paint application, applying decorative papers and accents to the body with Mod Podge or gel medium.
- Creative Paperclay
- Well-Bond Glue
- Sculpting tools
- Assorted size paintbrushes for painting cage, body and details on face.
- Feel free to bring any special items such as wings, heart, cross, rosary, beads, ribbons, cloth doilies or lace for shawls or caps to complete the look of your Santos.
- Pre cut and drilled wooden parts for top, bottom, trim and attachment hardware for cage and arms;
- Styrofoam pieces, wooden dowel , Rigid Wrap for body and head armature;
- Separate base for working on head sculpt;
- Sanding pad and latex free gloves.
- Use of instructor’s supplies, including: acrylic paints, mediums, Mod Podge , glues, paper towels, Dremel, heat gun, convection ovens, hammers, pliers, pastels, colored pencils, face, ear and hand molds.
- Donna will also bring an assortment of embellishment items and ephemera to pick from.