Believe and Dream
Friday, July 24, 2015
See more of Fran’s work on her blog.
$5 Kit Fee, All Levels, Project Workshop, Maximum class size of 18 students
Dream Believe is a beautiful lady dreaming and believing in beauty.
Students will create their Dream Believe using wood for her body. Students will learn how to use polymer clay to create doll body and stand. Students will learn how to use alcohol inks to create various colors on doll body. Students will learn how to use a rubber stamp in clay to create Dream and Believe. Students will learn how to create shoulder and neck out of polymer clay. Students will learn how to attach clay face to neck area. Students will learn how to use face mold to create her clay face. Students will learn how to make various leaves, flowers, curly trims and spiral trims to attach to doll. Students will learn how to create hair out of various yarns, ribbons, etc. Students will learn how to attach hair to head. Students will learn how to make a crown out of fancy trim. Student will learn how to make necklace out of fancy trim. Students will learn how to color clay face.
- Large package of Polymer Clay in flesh color for body
- Alcohol Inks in several colors of choice. At least 3-4 colors
- Paint Brushes of choice for using with Alcohol Inks
- Chalk pastels for coloring face & shoulder areas
- Paint brushes for putting on face colors; such as lips, face area and shoulders
- Rubber Stamps with sayings of choice. Dream and Believe stamps are what I used
- Wood Glue
- Hand out with pictures and Instructions
- Rags, wooden body, various pieces of yarns for hair, eye lashes and use of some of teacher’s supplies on hand.
- Use of ovens for baking polymer clay
- Use of Dream, Believe stamps
Saturday – Sunday, July 25-26, 2015
$10 Kit Fee, All Levels, Project Workshop, Maximum class size of 18 students
Blu Rose is a beautiful lady rose that has come to life. She stands tall and proud of her blue colored body, vines and petals. Just look how beautiful her blue shinning eyes are when she looks at you.
Students will create their Blu Rose using Plaster Craft Material (Plaster impregnated gauze). Students will learn how to apply the plaster gauze to create Blu Rose’s dress, vines and petals.
Students will learn how to use wire to create vines. Students will learn how to attach flower on head. Students will learn to use paints on Blu Rose. Students will learn how to use a press mold to create Blu Rose’s face. Students will learn how to paint face features. Students will learn how to use chalk pastels on clay face. Students will learn how to make Blu Rose’s eyes look real. Students will learn how to attach real eyelashes to Blu Rose’s eyelids.
Teacher will walk students through each step by step.
Students if they choose to, can make their Blu Rose any color they choose. It’s up to the student. If student decides to use a different color then they have to coordinate flower, paints, etc.
Blu Rose will be lovely in any colors you choose. Please be sure and coordinate your colors, making sure you have the right color paints, etc.
- Plaster Craft Modeling Material (Plaster impregnated gauze). Use for covering wooden body
- Large Blue Rose or any color you want for head at least 5 to 6 inches wide. You can find them at Hobby Lobby or any store that sells artificial flowers. You will be taking the stem off.
- Paint brushes of various sizes for painting body and face
- Blue paint or any color to paint plaster gauze (if you choose)
- Tall Wooden Candle Stick or wooden dress form at least 14 inches tall but not over 15 inches tall.
- Small package of flesh color of choice Polymer clay for Face
- Color chalk pastels for coloring clay face
- White craft glue
- Seedless beads
- Bids N Pieces of tulle, etc.
- Use of teachers face molds
- Oven for baking face