July 26-29, 2012 - Wyndham Garden Hotel - Austin, TX
Each registered attendee to the conference Banquet will receive a table favor doll. Attendees may sign up to provide favors on the yahoo group.
Banquet Favor Guidelines
- Make one or more sets of 5 dolls.
- Each favor should be a doll 10" or smaller.
- Dolls should be good quality work.
- Dolls within a set may be the same or different.
- Favors must be labeled with the maker's name, address and email address.
- Favors may be shipped in advance of the conference or turned in at registration.
ADAA is pleased to continue our partnership with the Austin Children's Shelter as the conference charity. Proceeds from the silent auction will be donated to ACS. ACS Logo and name are used with permission of the Austin Children's Shelter.
Pin Doll Swap
What is a pin doll? A pin doll is small figure (up to 5") that can be worn as a pin.
What is a pin doll swap? A pin doll swap is an opportunity to swap pin dolls that you have created with other pin doll creators. This is an activity that anyone can join just for fun. All skill levels will be welcome from beginner to the more experienced doll artist. It is so much fun to see the pin dolls that everyone has created and to be able to take home a memento of the conference.
Pin Doll Swap Rules
- The swap is open to all attendees regardless of skill level. Beginners welcome!
- You may swap from 1 to 5 dolls.
- Each doll may be the same or unique. Using the conference theme as inspiration is encouraged but not required.
- Each doll should be individually wrapped or placed in a gift bag so that it cannot be seen prior to the swap.
- Each doll should have an attached card with the maker's name and email address and the designer's name, if applicable (e.g. "Mermaid by Jane Walker, designer Nancy Smith").
- Place all of your dolls in a large ziplock bag with a card with the maker's name and the number of dolls to swap.
- Turn your bag of pin dolls in at the check-in table during the opening reception.
- Pin dolls will be randomly swapped, with each participant receiving the number of dolls they made.
- Participants will meet to open their swaps after the Banquet Saturday night.
ADAA registered attendees may reserve sales tables for $25.00 a table. All sales will be made through AnLina Designs and are subject to sales taxes, which will be collected and paid by AnLiNa Designs. In addition, AnLiNa Designs will apply a 10% commission.
Sales tables may be reserved, as long as space remains available, from January 3 - June 30, 2013.
The Sales Room will be open to ADAA attendees Thursday evening following the Opening Reception for a preview night, from 7-9pm.
The sales room has a limited amount of space reserved for Vendor Booths. These 10'x10' booths are available on a first-come, first-served basis for $100.00. Sales for these booths will be conducted through the Vendor's register. Vendors may purchase a meal plan ($20.00 for lunches and $25.00 for Banquet tickets). Contact ADAA if you are interested.
The sales room is open to the public through out the conference and will be advertised locally.
ADAA 2013 Scholarships
If you would like to apply for an ADAA 2013 Scholarship in the amount of $100 towards your full event registration, please submit a short essay (1-2 paragraphs) addressing what doll making means to you and what your aspirations are for your doll making journey. The best essays will be entered into a drawing for a scholarships. This is not a cash prize. The scholarship will deduct $100 from your registration fee. Please submit essays to All Dolls Are Art.
Sell Your Dolls!
As part of ADAA's mission to promote the art form, ADAA will provide an opportunity for attendees to sell their dolls. Each attendee may sell up to 5 dolls. AnLiNa Designs will collect and pay the sales taxes and will collect a 10% commission on the sales price. Please email All Dolls Are Art by June 15, 2013 if you would like to participate.
The Silent Auction will raise money for ADAA's designated Austin charity: The Austin Children's Shelter. Donate an Art Doll or art piece, along with a suggested "buy it now" price". 100% of the proceeds will go to ACS or to the ADAA 2013 scholarship fund.
The auction bidding will be conducted anonymously and will include a "Buy it Now" option to allow bidders to take it home the same day. All Silent Auction winners will be announced Sunday in the Sales Room at 4:30pm.
If you would like to donate a silent auction piece, please register by June 30, 2013.
Show and Share Dolls
ADAA will have a Show and Share exhibit of Dolls. You may bring up to 5 dolls for Show and Share. Each doll must be labled with your contact information. Please email All Dolls Are Art by June 30, 2013 if you would like to participate.